Follow the steps below to guide your application process.
1. Write Your Project Proposal
The proposal is the most important part of the URS application process. This is your opportunity to explain what your research question, methodology and plan are, and what your expected outcome will be.
- 3 pages in length
- Double-spaced, 12-point font, Times New Roman, 1-inch margins
- Must contain an answerable research question
- Make it clear what you are researching and the methods you will use to find an answer. Be sure to describe the intellectual merit of your research.
- For sciences and technology (the medical sciences in particular), please make sure you have a clear hypothesis and explain the scientific merit of your proposed research.
Write a draft, have it reviewed by your faculty mentor, and revise it before you turn it in.
2. Fill Out Application Forms
The Application Forms below require student and faculty information along with an explanation of how expense money will be used and any special requirements necessary for your project.
3. Submit your Application
*Important Note: URS students do not need to follow UROP deadlines. However, scholarships must be used in the first two years of college study. URS students must complete their project by the end of the summer following their sophomore year. Unlike UROP, URS applications are emailed, not submitted through this web site.
If you have questions about URS or the application process, contact Heidi Fahning, UROP Graduate Assistant at email@example.com or 612-625-6939.