URS Program Timeline
This entire process must take place before the end of the summer following your second year.
- You are awarded a URS scholarship as part of your admissions award package. (If you are a current University undergraduate seeking financial support for research - look at the other opportunities here.)
- Attend a URS information session.
- Choose a research topic.
- Find a faculty mentor.
- Complete application materials, which include:
- an application form,
- faculty mentor recommendation form,
- and proposal
- Submit your application materials for review. You may not start your research until approved. There are no application deadlines.
- Once approved, you will receive your first $700 in your student account and up to $300 worth of project related expenses.
- Carry out your research (about 120 hours of work)
- Finish your Research and Submit your final materials (final report, final evaluation form, verification of presentation, verification of completion form signed by mentor)
- Receive second $700 in your student account
If you have questions about URS or the application process, contact Heidi Fahning, UROP Graduate Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-625-6939.