URS Program Overview
Undergraduate Research Scholarships are awarded by the Office of Admissions to prospective freshman. URS provide awardees with funding for a research project while being mentored by a faculty member. Projects can either be based on your idea or can be centered around a faculty mentor’s already existing project. You do not have to work with a faculty member in your major or even in your college.
In a URS project, you:
- Explore academic interests beyond the classroom
- Get hands-on experience with research or creative production
- Develop student-faculty relationships for professional references
- Acquire academic and professional skills and credentials
- Refine your academic and career goals