Types of Funding
There are two parts of UROP Award Funding:
UROP Scholarship Stipend
Up to $1,500 for 120 hours of research; paid through financial aid; the first $750 will be awarded at the beginning of your project and the final $750 will be awarded once all four ending requirements are met.
Up to $300; a detailed list must be given on the UROP application to account for cost of supplies requested.
Projects/Expenses NOT Funded
- Websites: The creation of websites because it does not constitute research under the UROP Guidelines.
- Paid training: UROP does not typically fund individual training or course/conference work as preparation for a UROP project.
- Research for College Credit: If you are interested in doing research for credit, consider Directed Research/Study.
- Local Travel: UROP will not cover any travel under 50 miles one way.
- Purchase of computer hardware/devices
- Hiring of employees: UROP will fund compensation of human subjects, but no other payments to research assistants/interns/employees/etc.
All UROP expenses are handled through your faculty mentor's department. The accounting team receives a copy of your approved expenses. Your award letter lists the contact person in the department, and any disbursement questions should be directed to them.