MSROP Program Eligibility
University of Minnesota sophomores, juniors, and seniors (that are enrolled for at least one additional semester after the summer program).
Applicants must have:
- Completed at least 45 credits by the end of fall semester 2018
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Must be a US citizen or permanent resident.
- Not participated in MSROP previously
Strong applicants demonstrate:
- Strong academic performance in major courses
- Recommendation from faculty
- Strong writing skills, as demonstrated through application and/or faculty recommendation
Faculty Mentor Matching
Faculty mentors come from all disciplines and are interested in guiding summer research experiences of high-potential, underserved undergraduates. We encourage applicants to reach out to potential faculty mentors before applying, but MSROP will assist in this process to ensure a successful faculty mentor relationship. To be given preference, students must have contacted a prospective faculty mentor (e.g. contacted via email or telephone) to determine availability to serve as a mentor for summer 2019.
This is a full-time, intensive research experience. Students may not enroll in intersession or summer school during the program. Students also must not have any prior work commitments during the 10-week experience.