A successful poster will capture and hold the attention of your audience. It will concisely explain your methodology and results, but most importantly it will tell the viewer why they are important. Without an attractive and engaging summary, your good research will be lost on potential viewers who don’t stop to read it.
Find previous UROP and other undergraduate posters here. For more examples and assistance with creating your poster attend one of our workshops or follow this presentation.
A good poster will:
- Meet the guidelines for the specific event
- Match the audience knowledge base and interests
- Focus your message – what is the one thing you want people to remember?
- Convey your message visually
- Be readable from about 4 - 6 feet away
- Be clearly organized